Electronic Ignition Systems Installation Instructions - Download
Electronic Ignition System Information Leaflet - Download
Customers outside of the UK : Please see the note on import taxes on the Homepage
In Stock - The POSITIVE Earth SIX VOLT version of our popular Ignition System!
IF you require 12 volt, or negative earth version, please see our Electronic Ignition Systems section. We sell 6v, 12v, pos and neg earth versions.
Customer comments for these systems:
This Electronic Ignition System is an easy to fit enhancement to ANY 6V POSITIVE EARTH classic car, bike and older vehicle with conventional points based ignition system. Positive earth systems will generally be found on pre and 1960's vehicles.
- Higher energy spark from faster ‘break’ of points circuit, promoting improved fuel combustion.
- Better average fuel consumption due to car remaining in tune – Unit will pay for itself in fuel savings.
- No burning or pitting of points, which cause ignition timing errors AND loss of power and economy.
- No need to set or replace points every service – no more messing with timing lights every 6,000 miles!
- Points lasts MUCH longer, life limited only by the wear of the heel on the cam.
- 50,000 mile typical points life.
- Good for all rev ranges and cylinder combinations.
WHY GO ELECTRONIC?
All modern vehicles benefit from electronic, high energy ignition systems. By fitting a Gammatronix unit, your classic vehicle can also enjoy these benefits. Retaining your original points, you get the improvements of a modern electronic ignition system, with minimal changes to your classic or older vehicle. Our unit is an easy fitment, and is universal for all 6v POSITIVE earth points ignition systems. Its also compact at only approx approx 90mm x 30mm x 40mm in size. (If you require a negative earth version, please see our 'shop' listings).
IS IT RIGHT FOR MY VEHICLE?
It is if you can answer 'Yes' to the following questions :
Simply mount the unit with the fitting kit supplied, connect up the four wires (power, earth, points and coil) and that's it!
You can mount the unit directly to the coil or to any suitable point close by. No drilling required.
The fitting kit provided includes mounting straps, cable ties / tidies and full printed fitting instructions.
The unit has a handy red LED which can be used as a ‘timing light’ to indicate if the points are open or closed, and to confirm correct installation and operation.
The Electronic Ignition unit is housed in a compact (approx 90mm x 30mm x 40mm) rugged cast aluminium enclosure to keep everything running cool and smoothly running.
The unit is covered by a full 12 months guarantee.
Buy with confidence, from a UK Limited Company. We have a no arguments return guarantee.
Explore our website further for other ignition system models.